Experience the convergence of eco-friendly and humane fashion. Head to the Dupont Underground for a show where all materials will be plant-based or second hand.
DMV designers will feature creative second-hand ensembles and a special line made specifically for this event by Hendricks Designs. Keynote designer, Nikki Hendricks, is producing a series of looks made from sustainable plant-based fashion, including milkweed floss, a pollinator-friendly supermaterial that is better at retaining heat than down and provides excellent habitat for monarch butterflies.
At Metamorphosis, you can enjoy:
– Breathtaking new looks
– Professional models representing diverse identities
– Exhibits on the ecosystem benefits of pollinators
– Vendors of sustainable and elegant wares
– A mixer with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
Metamorphosis explores the potential of creating in a way that is free of burden on animals & wildlife, promotes social equality, and restores our environment. Join us on the 17th.
– GENERAL ADMISSION: Celebrate fashion, see our exhibits, and visit vendors over drinks – $20 advance/$30 day of.
– VIP: Elevate the cause with your ticket that entitles you to free drinks, front row seating, and a back stage meet & greet with keynote designer Nikki Hendricks of Hendricks Designs – $50.
– INCLUSION TICKET: Is cost a prohibition? We want everybody to feel welcome as we collectively craft a vision for evolving out of the cocoon of fast fashion. Fill out this form for a reduced or 100% comped ticket. https://forms.gle/vfqNoMfZQrpLLnkBA
Dupont Underground is located in the subterranean tunnels of Dupont Circle in a relic of DC history restored with street art into a locus of creativity and expression for DC. Easily accessible from the Dupont Metro, the entrance can be found on the North side of Dupont Circle on 19th Street (use the back side of Starbucks as a landmark).
A big thanks to our hosts, Dupont Underground, and DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.