Job Title: Director of Development & Impact
Location: San Francisco or New York
Remake is a global advocacy organization fighting for fair pay and climate justice in the clothing industry. Remake aims to end poverty wages, unsafe conditions and gender-based violence with which our clothes are made today.
Remake is a 100% donation-run 501(c)(3) non-profit. Importantly, to avoid conflicts of interest, we do not take corporate money.
Remake’s Theory of Change is that by paying garment workers a living wage, both the social harm and the environmental damages caused by the fashion industry are reduced. Higher wages would require the industry, that today produces 100 billion units of clothes a year, to slow down and make less. Through our three pillars of work, we are working to make fashion a force for good:
1) Education: We educate citizens, press, legislators and brands through worker-led content, brand ratings, pop-up events, classroom lectures and peer-to-peer engagement. We are training the next generation of climate and gender justice advocates through our global ambassador program.
2) Advocacy: We organize and engage brands, unions, press and policy makers to reshape the industry. Our Pay Up Fashion coalition spans garment workers, experienced labor rights groups, civil society organizations and fashion activists from around the globe. We come together to fight and win wage theft campaigns and to pass effective regulation.
3) Accountability: We lead the industry to measure what matters, creating a roadmap for big and small brands to improve wages and meet global climate goals. We evaluate fashion brands on their human rights and climate impacts and arm everyday citizens through our brand directory to wear their values.
About the Role
Remake is currently seeking a Director of Development & Impact to join our passionate and mission driven team. This position’s main focus is to deepen donor relationships and to grow our donor base.
What You’ll Do:
- Deepen relationships with our current high net worth donors
- Broaden donor and foundation base to become a $1MM by 2023 and $5MM by 2025
- Run our Spring and Fall donor match challenges
- Curate our annual impact report and oversee monthly donor communication
- Oversee community-wide fundraising events (digital & in-person)
- Manage relationship with Remake’s Board and Leadership Circle
- Manage our fundraising projections and goals
- Assure accurate donation records in HubSpot
Who You Are:
- Successful Fundraiser: You have a proven track record of bringing in institutional and individual funds with superb relationship building skills.
- Compelling Communicator: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are eager and skilled at having proactive and nuanced conversations with potential donors.
- Passion for Our Approach: You want to really challenge the fashion industry and care deeply about our mission.
- Comfort with Fluidity and Ambiguity: You would thrive in our still young and fast growing organization because you adapt quickly. You are open to possibility and comfortable with ongoing calibration.
- A Continuous Learner: You are self-aware and always learning. You are accountable and have the drive and motivation to constantly learn and do better.
- Competent Administrator: You have experience supervising internal teams. You are able to ‘hit the ground running’ and feel comfortable making departmental decisions. You lead by example.
- 5+ Years professional experience working on a development team, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Professional experience collecting and presenting impact data across an organization
- Track record of developing relationships with donors
- Experience with grant writing and applications
- Self-starter; ability to work independently and manage your own time
- Ability to effectively communicate in a timely manner
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Passion for sustainable fashion, gender and climate justice.
- Familiarity with HubSpot email marketing tools, contact lists, and deals
- $100,00 in year one, with the possibility of a raise in year two when budget goals are met
- Supportive and flexible working environment
How To Apply:
If you think you’re the right fit, please email Ayesha Barenblat, CEO, Remake, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Development & Impact” in the subject line. Your email should include your resume and examples of past fundraising strategies. Please submit your application by August 15, 2022.