Labeled by Fashionista as the Peace Corps of fashion, Remake is a global advocacy organization fighting for fair pay and climate justice in the clothing industry is a global advocacy organization. Remake aims to end poverty wages, unsafe conditions and gender-based violence with which our clothes are made today.
Remake is currently looking for two graduate students to join our team as Accountability Interns! Working with Remake’s Accountability Managers, your main focus will be the ongoing vetting of external fashion companies through our established score report system, for the purpose of growing our Brand Directory and keeping it up to date.
This role is remote, but candidate is ideally based on the East Coast of the United States
10-15 hours per week
- Self-starter; ability to work independently and manage your own time
- Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate in a timely manner
- Strong understanding of apparel supply chains, sustainability, and the garment industry
- Interest in sustainable fashion, labor rights advocacy, intersectional environmental justice
- Knowledge of apparel brand marketing tactics vs. actual practices
- Proficiency in Google Sheets (Airtable is a bonus but not a necessity)
- Your own laptop
- Weekly availability & ability to accommodate regular weekly meetings via Zoom
- Experience working with a fashion company’s sustainability efforts
- Play a direct and integral role in Remake’s accountability campaign work
- Gain relevant and valuable experience for your resume
- College credit (where applicable) and reference
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- Compensation based on experience
How to apply
If you think you’re a right fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountability Intern” in the subject line. Your cover letter should note your skills and availability. Please include a copy of your resume.