Today, our clothes are disposable and cheap, while the human and environmental costs required to make them are tremendous. For the 40 million, mostly 18 to 24-year-old women (who represent 80% of the fashion supply chain), factory jobs can be the best first step out of poverty. Yet the industry is rife with low wages, inadequate worker protections, unsafe conditions, and unrest.
The current system needs a remake, and we are here to do just that.
Our mission is to build a conscious consumer movement. Remake appeals to the hearts and minds of millennial consumers through films, visual storytelling and immersive journeys to become advocates for the invisible women who make our clothes.
To date, Remake has been primarily focused on creating content to raise awareness around ethical fashion. Our next step is to turn our growing community’s awareness into action. We will achieve this by enabling people to discover and shop for sustainable fashion. Our goal is make sustainable fashion mainstream.
We are in the process of creating a shopping portal that showcases fashion that meets Remake’s ethical and sustainable criteria. Our shopping portal will allow consumers to discover stylish and sustainable fashion, and click through to make their purchase on the original brand website.
Help us understand our target market before we launch our new shopping portal. Research market trends and segments, conduct focus groups and provide strategic advice on how we design our portal to best engage with our core audience.
This fellowship starts immediately and runs through December 2016.
- Conduct market research to determine target market and market segments, including early adopters
- Research competitive landscape
- Develop Remake’s consumer engagement strategy
- At least 3 years experience in marketing and business strategy
- Proven track record in effective marketing strategy for online publications and e-commerce sites
- Expertise conducting marketing research to develop engagement strategy
- Experience developing, tracking and analyzing web marketing metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with social media marketing
- Passion for social and environmental issues, particularly in global supply chains
- Love for fashion
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and be sure to include why you would be a great addition to the team. We are looking to hire immediately!